School of Applied & Life Sciences (SALS), Uttaranchal University, organized a one-week Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on ‘Advances in Computational Science and Technology’ from 17th May 2022 to 23rd May 2022 in hybrid mode. The objectives of the FDP were:
- To enrich the ability to develop mathematical and computational models and enlighten the advanced computing techniques to become capable to perform corresponding simulations.
- To provide competence in the methods and techniques of computations using computers and to let the participants aware of the current advancements in them.
- To shed light on learning methodologies of modeling, algorithm development, simulation implementation and calculation of physical quantities of relevance along with hands-on practices.
- To introduce and provide exposure to the modern computational tools in addition with the discussion on the extent and limitations of computational methods.
The program started with the inaugural session on 17th May 2022 at 11:00 am with the lamp lighting ceremony. Convener, Prof (Dr) Ajay Singh, Dean, SALS extended a warm welcome to one and all present. Prof (Dr) Rajesh Singh, Dean-Research and Innovation highlighted the applications and need for computational techniques in different research areas of applied sciences. Faculty members from the mathematics & physics disciplines actively participated in all the sessions of the FDP.
The FDP was held from 17th May – 23rd May 2022, in two sessions of two hours each. The following expert speakers from across the nation deliberated on various aspects in this seven-day FDP:
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar Jaiswal, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, IIT Jodhpur.
- Dr. D. S. Negi, Rtd. Professor, Department of Mathematics, HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar, Garhwal.
- Prof. (Dr.) Rajesh Singh, Director, Division of Research and Innovation, Uttaranchal University, Dehradun.
- Prof. (Dr.) C. B. Gupta, Rt. Professor, BITS Pilani and Director, IQAC, North Cap University, Gurgaon.
- Dr. Amitabha Nandi, Associate Professor, Department of Physics, IIT Bombay.
- Mr. Vijay Raj Shekhawat, Scientific Officer (Commission for Scientific and Technical Terminology), Ministry of Education, Govt of India.
- Mr. Ashish Srivastava, Chief Manager (Design) BESIGL -Electrical, Aircraft Industry –HAL Lucknow.
- Prof. Vinay Kumar Srivastava, Department of Electronics &Communication Engineering, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad.
Co-Conveners of the FDP, Prof. V.K. Srivastava, HOD, Mathematics, SALS & Dr. B.S. Rawat, HOD, Physics, SALS proposed a vote of thanks to all the guest speakers and the participants for making the FDP a great success. Dr Vikas Kumar (Mathematics) and Dr Awadhesh Kumar Dubey (Physics) organised this FDP as organizing secretaries.